Tuesday, October 13, 2009

For Jenny

There are a lot of things at Macy's that amuse me....people lying about their size....blatantly, people walking around with strollers with dogs in them rather than small people, but nothing awakens the 13 year old in me more than when a customer asks me this question:

"Can you check me out?"

I know, clearly I need to grow up, but whenever someone asks me that I just want to step back, look them up and down and say, "yeah, you look ok....now how about you pay for that stuff."

3 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

Kristi!!! You are alive. I miss you.

Annalise said...

Hahahahahaha, that is hilarious! I think about that sometimes when I go to "check out". What else should I say? "Can you ring me up?" That sounds like I want them to call me. "Hey I'm ready to leave your store now so if you could please charge me for this stuff, that'd be great." That's pretty straightforward.

So glad you've blogged! Keep it up! :)

jenny said...

Hahahaha YES! I'm so glad you blogged. I can't wait til we can share retail stories...