Monday, September 17, 2007

A Visit to the Bennetts


Sorry it's been so long and let me begin this post by saying that there will be no pictures for a little while, but yesterday Catherine and I visited the house she is working on, Groombridge Place...the Bennett's house in Pride & Prejudice.
It was a fun trip, and although the house is currently covered in scaffolding because it is being worked on it was still fun to see. The house is surrounded by an "Enchanted Forest" which was filled with things like a dragon's nest, a serpent's lair, a mystic pool and even a little village called Mossy Bottom. Whoever came up with all of the little spots along the way must have had a real hoot coming up with not only the places but the very entertaining sign posts. After walking around a standing stone backwards three times were were able to make a wish, then we walked a double spiral in order to find ourselves and we also had the opportunity to see into the future through the mystic pool...all in all a pretty good day superstition-wise.

5 comments:

jenny said...

Pretty. Oh man. That is beautiful.

Jacqueline said...

fun! mossy bottom. i'm totally embroidering that on a pillow.

Unknown said...

could that be any more gorgeous?! wow...thats like perfect

Annalise said...

Wow, Catherine's job is pretty sweet. If only I could work in such beautiful surroundings. The cubicle with fluorescent lighting just ain't the same.

jenny said...

Yeah. I really felt like I needed to up my funny. Mostly because my blog is a rotting pile of crap these days. I love your blog just the way it is though. I don't think it needs to change.