Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Welcome Visitor

Yesterday I had a visit from an antiques dealer who I did some work for during my MA. I had a fantastic opportunity to work on a Chinese paper fan...a job which turned out to be both time consuming and "fiddly" as they say in this country. As I am flying to Utah in 13 days he offered to come to Brighton to bring payment for the job in person. As is the custom in England I invited him in and we had coffee and something yummy and a chat. He was very encouraging and made sure to tell me several times that I need to get my name out there and remember that it takes time to get a career started. By the end of the coffee he left leaving me a bit more hopeful and my pocket book a little more full. A good visit in deed.

3 comments:

Annalise said...

A good visit indeed. Glad you got someone to calm you down! It'll all be okay!

jenny said...

I had a dream about you last night but I don't remember what it was! I think this means you should come to the states!

jenny said...

I JUST READ YO OTHA BLOG! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! HOLY CRAAAAAP