Saturday, October 07, 2006

Week 2 of the West Dean Story

Well week two has come and gone for me and lots of things have happened, here are the main events of the week:

1. Monday and Tuesday we had lots of lectures and not much practical work. On Wednesday mornings the metal, furniture and book restoration departments combine to have a science lecture with the books tutor (aka my tutor), David. Wow! I haven't had to sit through a science lecture in a l--o--n--g time and man was it a little painful. One consolation was the fact that Rachel, a fellow student who we sometimes call "the knitter" sat there in front of David knitting a scarf or a sweater or something! Right in front of him! I would never have the balls to do that in front of a professor, good night nurse! Ok, just had to get that off my chest.

2. Wednesday I went into Chichester with Sonia in an effort to purchase a watch (because I never know what time it is) and a mirror (because there is not an electrical outlet in my bathroom and I dry my hair based on nothing but faith that it is turning out ok). After several hours of walking around I came back with a NEED to purchase the new Killers cd...which I later bought, a package of Hob Nobs, and a bottle of nail polish remover.

3. Wednesday night I went to a bar with some other students and listened to a live blues band which turned out to be quite fun.

4. Friday we took a field trip to Chichester Cathedral Library and we all got to pick some new books to work on. It was pretty amazing. I saw some of the biggest books I have ever seen in my life. We're talking bigger than that big dictionary that libraries used to have on it's own stand. Friday night I watched Everything is Illuminated with some people and once again thoroughly enjoyed it. I left a while afterwards when everyone started taking shots of absinthe.

Tomorrow I'm going to London alone which is ok with me because I can't wait to go. The question is what to do while I'm there...way too many options!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

fun adventures!!!! have fun in london...i am SOOOOO jealous...i have to study d&c and dont you think i wont be downin alot of dc....love ya!

Jackie said...

i'm sure the trip to london was fun, but the science lecture! how i pine to sit through one again.

hope all is well with your friends. next time you're all together and they start to drink you should play a little game in which you guess which person's liver will give out first. trust me, it's fun.

jenny said...

jealous jealous and jealous.

Annalise said...

How was London???? What did you do? I want juicy details! I have to live vicariously through you, you see.

Sounds like you're having some fun! By the way, the new Beck album is also something that you NEED to have. Trust me, it's good.