Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mandolin Extraordinare

Well as usual West Dean has started providing me with interesting situations. The other night I was watching this show about "wild food" or in other words a show about people scavenging for things in the wild that you can find and eat should you desire a break from the grocery store. Anyway, I was watching this show when several people came into the common room with an assortment of instruments, everything from a french horn to an elecrtic guitar.

So someone hands me a mandolin in order to include me in on the band practice. Needless to say I have no idea how to play the mandolin and after several heinus F minor cords I opted out of the job. Instead I sang along to a song called Down with Bonaparte while the following instruments played along: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard, french horn, bass, and to top it all off a dulcimer. It's times like these that make me love this place, where else would that happen?

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Wow, that is a fantastic story. It's like your life is a musical.