Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sooo Sorry

You may have noticed that my previous post was entitled "So Sorry" and this post is very aptly called "Sooo Sorry", while this may not make up for my lack of posting for the last three weeks, it's the best I got. Well I'm finally back at West Dean safe and sound and ready to start the bloggin' again. A lot has happened in the last month aside from the convienence of endless choices when it comes to hot beverages.

I've already told most of you about my little trip with Jackie, but let me give you a little run down in case you didn't hear about it. Jackie arrived in Chichester and got to spend several days with me at West Dean. She got to see the castle, gardens, our workshops and have a meal with everyone. We took a day trip to Brighton and had lots of fun shopping, eating by the sea and riding several carnival rides. Next we headed for London where we saw three shows in three days! First was Spamalot (hilarious) then Lion King (good, but a little weird) and finally Wicked (AMAZING!!!!!). I would have to say that seeing all of the shows with the major highlight of the whole trip. I also took her to all my favorite London places, Tate Modern, National Gallery, Cafe Diana, Tragalgar Square, Parliament, High Street Kenn., Thames boat tour, the list goes on and on. Needless to say we packed those three days full and saw lots of good stuff.
Next we winged our way to Amsterdam for some good old fashioned Dutch fun. We took another boat tour down the canals, visited the van Gogh Museum, Ann Frank House, Rijk Museum, lots of shops, a traditional Dutch village, a windmill, a wooden shoe workshop and a cheese store....plus many other things. I would have to say the highlight of this part of the trip was a day trip we took to an incredible garden called the Keukenhof. Lucky for us it was the perfect time of year to go and we were able to see fields of tulips and acres and acres filled with amazing flowers. I've never seen so many different kinds of tulips it was incredable.

Needless to say the whole trip was fantastic!

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Glad you had such a good trip, and I'm even more glad that you're back on the bloggin' wagon! We missed you!