Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Shouting From My Soap Box

Microsoft Logo
I never like to bring up boring technology based topics in this pop culture driven blog, however today I am at my wits end. My work computer is a PC an HP Media Center with a good graphics card (aka runs quick, works well with my design programs), runs quick, and haven’t had any problems with it other than the fact that it is not a Mac.

I recently downloaded the new version of MSN Messenger that has been renamed Windows Live Messenger. I'll admit it has some great new features, blah blah blah. BUT ever since I installed it my computer has been running slower and crashing twice....nay 1 million times more often. I never subscribed to the idea that Microsoft was the equivalent of the Walmart of technology based companies, raping the industry of its dignity and forcing it to bend over for an ass kicking, however I now feel differently. I think Microsoft is an evil genius plotting to take over everyone’s computers and systems until we are all bowing down in unison to the Mecca that is the 4 waving flags of "truth".

I know what many of you are thinking, Apple is doing it too....(I choose not to believe this). BUT at least Apple has the courtesy of camouflaging their agenda with sleek computer designs and awesome program interfaces that make me feel like a kid in a room of shiny objects. I don't really know where I'm going with this one, but I just had to put those opinions out there into the universe.

2 comments:

Annalise said...

I miss my mac too. Boooo to PC's.

jenny said...

Macs are the bomb diggity. Why hasn't the winner renamed your blog yet?