Monday, August 11, 2008

BareMinerals?! Just say no!


Ok, I know I said I would write about my trip to London to see The Merry Wives of Windsor and I will, but this happened first so I'm gonna post pone that story until tomorrow.

I had a big deadline on Friday and to reward myself for getting 8000 words of my thesis written I decided I would buy myself some new foundation since I recently ran out. Jill uses BareMinerals and always seems to look put together and much more nicely made-up than myself so I decided to give it a try. I headed into this store here called Champneys where I've seen it in the store and asked if they would put some on me before I made the financial commitment.

So the girl started by trying a couple colors on me and made a decision that I am pale and pasty before putting a butt load of the minerals on my face. I've seen the infomercial and it says to put a very tiny bit of the minerals on the brush, tap it on the lid, then swirl the brush in the lid then apply. Well this girl decided to put half the container on the brush, not tap it off or swirl it in the lid....meaning my face received the equivalent of 4 months worth of make-up in one fowl swoop. She then told me to look in the mirror which was poorly lit and even in the dim light I could see the caked makeup on my face. So now my dilemma first I had to say I do not in fact want to spend 47 pounds on this stuff and two I had to leave the store looking like a freak. So I left and went across the road to another more reputable make-up place and had a girl remove the BareMinerals and put on another make-up which was much better. I guess the purpose of this post is.....BareMinerals....JUST SAY NO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, Here are some of my favs.

1. Ne-Yo: Closer.

2. Estelle+Kanye: American Boy. (LOVE THIS. CANT GET ENOUGH)

3. Timbaland: Come & Get Me

4. Pitbull: Go Girl

5. Miri Ben-Ari & Styles P: We Gonna Win

ENJOY.

-dub