Friday, March 17, 2006
Well Mannered Frivolity
Many of you listened to my audio blogs in my absence, and for that I thank you. I went back and listened to them and am so sorry for the giggling mess of an entry I posted on March 12th. There were points when I didn't even know what I was saying and the words came straight from my mouth. This picture is one of the reasons for my lapse in control and has quite the story to go with it. (ignore the bit of cleavage Khaki is boasting)
The day before we left Jackie purchased this suede purse from Gap which was on sale for $50. It was very cute....until New York happened. Here is how the problems unfolded.
1. The blue dye from her Gap jeans began to rub off on the almost white purse.
2. The zipper got stuck on the lining leaving the purse open only enough for my hand to reach into the purse lottery where you had to play a guessing game and pray to Jesus that you picked up the right thing.
Sidebar-they check your bags when you enter the Natural History Museum and the dude couldn't open the purse either. Instead he did a thorough feel up the purse search.
3. The lining ripped when Jackie and I were playing tug of war with the zipper pull and the purse.
4. The leather zipper pull ripped off due to tug of war stress.
5. Jackie and I lost all control and had a laughing fit inside the Natural History Museum...it was awesome.
I love traveling with Khaki...you never know what will happen.
One more sidebar-Jackie returned the purse the day after we got back and Gap actually took back the poor mangled thing. Suckas!