Thursday, January 12, 2006

"You're gonna have to trust me."


First things first, Bushism of the day:
"I always jest to people, the Oval Office is the kind of place where people stand outside, they're getting ready to come in and tell me what for, and they walk in and get overwhelmed by the atmosphere. And they say, 'Man, you're looking pretty.'"

Now that that's over with I must move on to more pressing issues. I realize that lots of things happened last night and I said I would include them in today's blog, however a much more important task is at hand.

Annalise has informed me that she will be unable to watch 24 this season! Are you kidding me! Do the words "Jack -- Bauer -- Power -- Hour" mean nothing to you? This is why I have decided to make a list of the top ten reasons Annalise should suck it up and watch 24 with us!

10. Jenny has promised to make brew if you will come watch with us on Sunday. (do i really need to keep going)

9. You have invested many seasons in the show and with the exception of when Kim had that whole cougar problem you have never been disappointed....can you really give up now?

8. Let me just say this, "What would Jack Bauer do?" I think you know he would pull himself together, go off drugs cold turkey, pack up his Ford SUV, grab Tony from his hell hole apartment and get crazy. That's what I'm talkin' about.

7. Can you really give up on a show that manages to use the split screen in such an amazing way?

6. The timer! What will you do with out that sound? I know you can hear it in your head right now. Bink-Bink-Bink-Bink

5. How will you know if the growling black smoke has infiltrated LA too, if you don't watch 24? Hey, it could happen.

4. Do you watch any other show that has a warning for violance? Didn't think so, this can be the one.

3. Kiefer's voice. Enough said.

2. Tony, Jack, President Palmer, Sherry's ghost, Chloe.....must I continue

1. And the final reason, because if you're not there I might just have to find Mr. Echo so he can hit you with his "Jesus Stick."

Peace.
Fannalise.......see you Sunday.

2 comments:

jenny said...

AMAZING. I hope you checked out mine as well. She is coming. CHI CHI? GARL B? DC? I made that all rhyme. Suckas!

Annalise said...

Please don't beat me with the Jesus Stick! You know, I should give credit where credit is due....so thanks for introducing me to the wonder that is "24" last year. My life has been changed for the better for sure. Awesome post, you make some fantastic arguements. I've thought about it long and hard and....well you're just gonna have to check out my blog to find out! Love ya.