Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bub and Bob


I would like to dedicate this blog entry to a little game called Bubble Bobble. I had forgotten about this game until last night. According to various credible internet sources, "Bubble Bobble was a bloody fine arcade game released by Taito in 1986. The idea of the game is to guide a couple of dinosaurs, Bub and Bob through 100 levels to rescue their girlfriends."

Yes, that is 100 levels. I am proud to say that in middle school Neesha Nelson and I conquered all 100 levels in order to reunite Bub and Bob with their girlfriends. And in the end what did we receive? A scrolling view of all the "cast" members of the game. Needless to say it was amazing. Here's to all the kids who played Bubble Bobble and the ones that wish they had.

2 comments:

jenny said...

I wish I had : ( ... One time, Shelley Swift and I got a game genie and punched all these codes in and cheated and spent a whole saturday to conquer Contra. Good game.. Good day... No bubble bobble, but quality nintendo.

Unknown said...

my cousin and i spent an entire summer playing star wars pod racer....sadly my tan wasnt that good that summer and i think i drank more coke and popcorn than any normal person should ever consume. but it was totally awesome...good times