Wednesday, February 01, 2006
I Heart London
I'm having one of those days when I really miss London. It's so weird how that happens to me sometimes. I don't even know what triggers it. Needless to say I am listening to Virgin Radio UK, looking at pictures of England and wishing my real name was Dame Kristi Westberg.
To cheer me up I have decided to make a list of things I miss:
1. The Underground-Love the name, love the escalators, love the crazy people you see, love the sound of the Jubilee line trains. (Annalise I know you can hear it)
2. Parks in the middle of a huge city-Love that. Renting a chair for one pound so you can sit and tan while reading Harry Potter, priceless.
3. Robbie Williams-could he be any more hot?....don't think so. His music is on permanent repeat in the UK, here no love. I love you Robbie.
4. Ridiculously small flats and even smaller bathrooms. Once things get that small it's just funny. I miss my shoe box sink.
5. All of the weird smells. In one city block you can smell rotting fish, a well dressed British man's cologne, a bin of trash, and bakery filled with trifel and cake.
Ok, I'll stop because I could go on forever. Sorry to all of you for such a depressing and disappointing blog, but I had to let that out and put it in the book.
Man it's like I was destined to write about that because American Quilting JUST called and my British flag quilt is finished!
ps Dane sent me this today....very fitting